Thursday, May 28, 2009

The music in my head

I woke up this morning with the Depeche Mode song "Somebody" in my head. I have not heard that song since maybe the last high school dance - but maybe, maybe some DJ played it at a dance in college (not that I hit the dance scene too much then).

It has been a very, very long time since then.

Strangely, I can hear every word in my head, and the 80s angsty-alternative thrum is crushing my brain. Not that it's a bad song. I wouldn't say that. It just has never been my style, and I can't fathom why (why? WHY?) it came to me today.

I want somebody to share, share the rest of my life...

I don't want to be tied to anyone' s strings; I've carefully tried to steer clear of those things...

Share my innermost thoughts, know my intimate details...

I want somebody who cares for me passionately...

And when I'm asleep, I want somebody who will wrap their arms around me and kiss me tenderly. (Seriously? I much prefer to stay asleep.)

All those things I detest, I will almost like...

Really? These were the lyrics we swooned to during the last song at a dance? Sheesh. Come on. I'm driving to mee the sisters for a surprise birthday breakfast, and all I'm saying is, I better get a new song lodged in there.

1 comment:

  1. Oh come on, that was a great song! My sister listened to it endlessly! Seriously it drove me crazy even back in the day.

    ReplyDelete

If you want to say it, I want to hear it. Bring it on.