Friday, January 15, 2010

Disconnected

Hurry! Hurry! There's a connection!

I'm staying at one of the nicest hotel/resorts I've ever been to, but internet is not their top priority. You'd think this would lead to much writing time, wouldn't you? In fact, it just leads to me trying, over and over again, to get a connection.

(*sigh*)

But I'm here to let you know that after strange plane situations that led to my arrival in Honolulu at 11:51 p.m. Hawaii time (um, yes. That's nearly 23 hours since I woke up) I am here. I had a great relaxing day yesterday (lots of clouds and wind, not much in the way of Goldening in the Sun) and might even be on Hawaii time, bodywise.

There are waves. There are trees. There is birdnoise. There are tourists and canceled whale-watching excursions (too much waviness out there, people - no snorkeling either, at least not today) but it wasn't MY whale-watching excursion anyway, so I'm fine. There is time to think. To miss my kids. To sleep in. To listen and ponder and wonder and explore.

If it's too cold to actually put on a bathing suit, I will be grateful that I don't need a coat.
If it's too windy to read a book outside, I will be happy to read inside for a while.
If Husband is working 18 hour days here, I will be happy he has a job (especially one that brings us here!)
But mostly, I'm happy to be here.

3 comments:

  1. Becca, I love this post! My friends just got back from Hawaii and said she couldn't get out on the beach because of the 50 ft. waves. 50 ft?! Wow, I bet that is something to see. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you're enjoying yourself--no matter how it goes. This is why I think you rock. You have such a great attitude toward life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad that you made it. It is so nice to have time...and to be in Hawaii.

    Enjoy your coat free time.

    ReplyDelete

If you want to say it, I want to hear it. Bring it on.