Monday, April 13, 2009

Impressions

You know when you have an impressions that is just totally wrong? Yeah, like that.

This morning I took Kid 3 to her piano lesson, and her teacher was studious in her avoidance of me. So we're starting off this week on a good foot. She wouldn't look at me, and when Kid 3 asked me a question, Teacher asked her to turn back and face the piano right away. Eek.

So I determined to say nothing, and observe as inoffensively as possible.

After the lesson, Teacher asked how our Spring Break went, and we said fine, thanks, and yours? And she very nearly burst into tears and told me that her Dad died.

Oh.

So that's what's upsetting you.

Once again, I vow not to let my impressions (so often mistaken that I should never, never trust them) get in the way of the facts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you want to say it, I want to hear it. Bring it on.