Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Yea for Visiting!

Last week I talked to Mrs. Hall's 4th grade class about all things authory. We had a pretty good time, if I do say so myself. They had good questions and great ideas.

One thing we talked about was goal setting. How we can get a real sense of accomplishment from setting, monitoring, measuring and achieving realistic and important goals. We talked about how a daily writing goal can give me a reason to say, "Yea, Me!" and how that's an amazing part of life. I told them that I hope they all have something to say "Yea, Me!" about every day.

Today I got a large (poser-sized) thank-you letter from Mrs. Hall's class, and tucked inside were "Yea, Me!" notes from the kids in her class. They said things like, "Yea, Me! I am awesome at soccer." "Yea me - I am good at math" "Yea for me! I can make songs rhyme!" "Yay me! I can read! I can write! I learned to tread water!" "I am awesome at getting my math done" "Yea me! I won my football game 21 to 0" and "Yes Me! I am a beast at soccer!"*

They also recommend chocolate instead of popcorn for curing my rejection dejection. I'll take it under advisement.

I am so glad for great teachers who work to make learning fun for their kids. Yea, Mrs. Hall!

*There was one that said "Yay me! I lick my life" - but we're all going to remember how much editing I need and not make a comment about that one.

5 comments:

  1. Yay for you! That's so awesome that you helped little ones find something to celebrate about themselves. That's the best kind of gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lick my life sometimes, too. On really good days when it tastes extra yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea you! Do you do home visits? Want to come to NH to inspire me?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea everything! That story just put me in a happy mood!

    ReplyDelete

If you want to say it, I want to hear it. Bring it on.