Monday, March 23, 2009

Monday random

I haven't posted for a few days because I've been outside loving the spring. It's on hold right now, though, so I can sit here and watch the snow out the window.

I'm working on a story that's turning out very differently than I'd thought it would. First drafts are pretty fascinating, aren't they? Here I thought I was telling a story about A, but when I write it seems to be more about B, and when I read it over, it may actually be all about C.

And then there's the part where I wonder if it's any good at all.

But the notes look great. So there.

I'm waiting for a reply from the publisher on Book The Second - the reply that was supposed to come mid-February. Hopefully this week I can hear something. Something like, "This is brilliant! We cannot live without it! Here is a fat advance check! If we only publish one thing in this year of tight budgets, it simply must be your book!" I mean, I'd settle for that. You know.

In children news, the kids all slept on the family room floor in the basement together last night. I love days with no school (totally not related to the snow - we don't have snow days around here. It's the end of the term, so teachers are at work and kids are home - yay!) So we can all just wake up when the desire strikes, and do our thing all day long. My favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you want to say it, I want to hear it. Bring it on.