Wednesday, November 19, 2008

They Say...

Among other things, "they" say that time flies, especially when it comes to kids growing up. It struck me today in a moment of pondering (that's what I call it when the house is quiet -- otherwise all my moments are of either listening or avoiding) that next year, I will have a kid entering kindergarten and a kid entering high school. Yes. I am aware that I don't look old enough to have a kid entering high school. That is because I am lucky. And I got married young, and had a baby the next year. But I assure you, I am old enough, and I am still stunned.

I hope so many things for her as she starts off that adventure. I hope for fun, and for success, and for a lot of laughs. I hope for friends who are kind and good. I hope for teachers that challenge and encourage. I hope more than anything for confidence in herself. *That probably needs its own post, because why can't we wrap confidence up in pretty paper and a nice bow and just hand it to someone? I can think of several people I like very much and know very well who could use a gift like that. But I heard someone wise (Hi McNaughtan) say "Confidence can't be given. It must be earned." Hmm. More on that later, I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you want to say it, I want to hear it. Bring it on.