Thursday, November 13, 2008

Being the Mom

So the thing about being the Mom is that no matter what else needs to get done, Momming trumps it all. If I need to write and Matthew needs to read his Star Wars book, we read Star Wars. If dinner burns while I'm helping with piano or violin practice, so be it. Crispy dinner. If I want to be asleep before, let's just say hypothetically, 9:30 but someone wants some girl bonding, we bond.

Not to say that I'm so totally subverting my own needs and all that super-important pop psychology nonsense, because I defy you to find a more selfish woman anywhere. Really. But I'm just saying that when it's time to Mom, it's time to Mom and that's all there is about it.

Gotta run - Ellie needs a ride to school. NOW.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you want to say it, I want to hear it. Bring it on.