Friday, November 14, 2008

BookTalk

My preschooler and I just snuck in (okay, walked in, brazenly uninvited) to our elementary school to hear adorable author Brad Wilcox talk to first and second graders about how to write their own stories. He said (with actions that unfortunately I can't replicate here) writing is discovering what's inside you, getting it out, and putting it on paper. It was a great talk, inspiring to the kids. He gave my son a signed copy of his latest picture book "There's Always a Way, Annie McRae" which is very cute and all about dreaming big.

It reminded me of a talk I heard while I was a student at BYU. James E. Faust said, "You can have it all. You just can't have it all at once." Good stuff for me, then and now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you want to say it, I want to hear it. Bring it on.