Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Good Morning

It is. A good morning, I mean. One thousand words down pre-Kid-wake-up. Plus some research. And do you know what I am finding? In that research? That symptoms of just about any disease or emotional disorder or abuse can be confused with all the others. Which is good for purposes of this novel, but tricky in life.

For instance: Do you know a kid who has shown sudden changes in eating habits? Well, that could be Anorexia, Depression, Drug Abuse, Bulimia, all manner of Cancer, or Puberty. Or nothing. Comforting, right?

But adding all this unclarity (the computer thinks that is a word) makes my characters able to reach all manner of wrong conclusions. Which, of course, makes Good Story. And that is what we are after.

Today I will try to write another two thousand words, and also to make it to the shower. (I think that is a good goal for me every day, and usually it happens. I'm just saying.) Since tomorrow is a be-at-the-elementary-school-most-of-the-day sort of day, I want to get a jump on what I may not be able to finish in my short bursts of computer time tomorrow.

On a totally unrelated note, is anyone else still waking up at 4:30? I can only blame the time change, and I'm not complaining, but it's a little weird that this body would think that 4:30 is a decent time to get out of the bed. But, hey. A thousand words before Kids wake. Not too shabby.

3 comments:

  1. You are doing so awesome.

    I am not waking up at 4:30; I am very unproductive in the morning. Fortunately, this is not the case for you.

    Keep it up girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not shabby at all! 4:30am though...that's practically inhuman.

    Congrats on the progress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go, Becca. You're just cranking it out, girl!
    I hate that so many symptoms blend into so many diagnoses. Anything and everything could be wrong and so might NOTHING be wrong. Conflict: check!

    ReplyDelete

If you want to say it, I want to hear it. Bring it on.