Friday, April 10, 2009

Winding up

Last official day of Spring Break, although we still have the weekend. It's been great to be lazy and have time to play together.

Today was Daddy Day. He orchestrated a grand day out, and kept it all a secret from the kiddies. We drove more than an hour to a remarkable store - remarkable in its bizarreness. (Apparently, according to the spell-check, that's a word.)

The store is like a cross between a discount department store and an army surplus. I shudder just thinking of it. But the kids, armed with $20 each (a fortune to all) found treasures inside. I found dust. And strange plastic/foam smells. And itchy eyes, so maybe even cats.

Shudder.

But it was a great adventure for them, and now I can't say I've never been to Smith and Edwards Country Boy Store.

And now, Gideon: Tuba Warrior (Veggie Tales Feature of the Evening). Yeah, Vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you want to say it, I want to hear it. Bring it on.