Monday, December 15, 2008

5 years ago right now...

Okay, don't worry. I am absolutely not going to get into dirty details over this. But five years ago right now I was working on having my fourth baby. As far as I know, my last baby.

Okay, maybe a couple of dirty details.

I had a CNM (that's a Certified Nurse Midwife) helping me have this baby. This I recommend. She was incredibly helpful, in the way that wise, understanding women who have been on both ends of the bed (if you know what I mean) can be. It's like having the best L&D nurse, who stays from the beginning to the end.

It hurt. A lot. It was the fastest and most intense of my deliveries. No epidural. (Go, Me!) and very little moaning. I love to give the impression of control (whether I have it or not).

And a boy baby.

I'd waited long for that. I love my girls, each of them. They are peaches, every one. And as much as I love and adore them, there is simply something different about The Boy. Maybe it's because I prayed him here. I did that. I told God, "I am very happy to do this again, provided this time you furnish a boy." He complied. And I'm still so glad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you want to say it, I want to hear it. Bring it on.